There is always one recipe that we get asked for all the time and this is definitely the one of the moment. After trying different versions of raw cheesecakes, this recipe has become our favourite and we have been making it for every retreat this summer. It is easy to make, I usually prepare the base in advance, freeze it and then add the fresh blueberries on the day. You could substitute blueberries with other fruits, I am looking forward to making a blackberry one, now that blackberries are in season.
For the base:
4 cups pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons coconut oil
pinch of salt
For the cheesecake filling:
280g of cashews (soaked overnight)
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 coconut oil
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the topping:
4 cups of fresh blueberries
1. Line the cake tin with a cling film
2. Put all the base ingredients in a food processor and blend for a moment. You want the crust to still have a texture, so don’t overdo it.
3. Using a spoon, spread the mixture into the cake tin and spread out evenly. Press it down to make it firm.
4. Next prepare the cheesecake mixture. Add all the ingredients into the processor and blend until smooth, then pour on top of the base and spread out evenly.
5. For the topping, process half the fresh blueberries and spread on the cake. Then add the remaining whole blueberries on top.
6. Cool in the fridge and serve or freeze and add the fresh fruit before serving.